Are you fond of dogs? Do you love your pet very much? If it’s a yes, then don’t you think it’s your duty to take care of them? Dogs are one of the most faithful and loyal friends I ever had. I usually wondered what if dogs were to rule the world. It’s certain that they would first kill the fleas and ticks that they hate the most. If you are a pet lover it’s obvious that you will be thinking how to kill fleas on dogs?
Your solution is here. Following are some of the methods how you can free your dog from fleas.
Natural methods to control ticks and fleas on dogs
There are numerous ways to control dog fleas. But the most relevant one is the natural method because artificial method causes harm to animals due to its chemical composition and several other facts that cause irritation to dogs. Few tick removal methods are explained below:
- Regular shower to dogs – To keep your dog free from these bloodsuckers you should make sure that you provide shower to your dog at least twice a week. By practicing this, your dog will be active and tick-free.
- Fleas comb – Make sure that every time you give bath to dog, you comb your dog with flea comb. It helps in removing ticks and fleas from dog. To get better results you can dip the comb in a solution prepared from lemon and water. Every time you use a flea comb make sure that you wipe it clean before and after use.
- Lemon juice as a repellent – Lemon juice can be used to keep the fleas away from dogs. Luke warm water and lemon juice is applied together to the dog or even poured on the dog’s back. This will even help your dog feel fresh.
- Use of essential oils – Many essential oils are used to keep the fleas away from the dogs. If you’re thinking what will kill fleas on a dog? It is essential oils! One of the most commonly used essential oil is lavender oil. You just have to dilute the essential oil with water and apply to the dog’s collar. Make sure that you do not use any essential oil that causes an irritation to the dog. If the dog gets irritated, immediately remove the collar off the dog’s neck. This method helps your dog keep ticks far away from them.
Artificial methods to control ticks and fleas on dogs
Artificial methods can be classified as secondary treatment methods for the question what kills ticks on dogs?
- Oral medications – You can give some oral pills to your dogs that are available in the market. These pills are mainly composed of chemical compounds that help to free the dog from ticks.
- Shampoos – There are several shampoos available in the market that can be used during shower time. These helps to kill ticks.
- Tick sprays – Chemically composed sprays can be used before or after you take your dog out for a walk. This will help to keep fleas away from your dog.
If you are thinking how to treat fleas on dogs, the most important thing you need to follow is to keep your surroundings clean. Before using any of the tick free methods or medications it is always better to consult a veterinarian. Some simple measures you need to follow are you should not keep your dogs out for a long span of time and also keep the place clean where your dog usually rests.